Magnificent snow covered Himalayan mountains, lush green trees, beautiful landscapes, enchanting and mesmerizing plantation and scenic views make Kashmir, a must visit place for everyone. Every year large number of tourist visit Kashmir to spend time close to nature.
- 1 Places to visit in Kashmir
- 2 Best Time to visit Kashmir
- 3 Best Places to stay in Kashmir
- 4 Things to do in Kashmir
- 5 Best Shopping Places in Kashmir
- 6 Where to eat in Kashmir
- 7 How to Reach Kashmir
- 8 Map of Kashmir, India
Places to visit in Kashmir
- Jammu- Serene and surreal are the words that perfectly define this place. Home to various tourist attractions, Jammu has a lot to offer to its tourist.
- Patnitop- Beautiful fir trees, exquisite landscapes and scenic views of Patnitop will take you to a completely new world.
- Srinagar- Also known as heaven on earth, Srinagar is truly one of the most enticing places on the earth. Lush green hills, beautiful lakes, snow-covered peaks, Srinagar is a must place to visit once in your lifetime.
- Gulmarg- Gulmarg never fails to allure tourists with its magnificent beauty and snow covered peaks. When in Gulmarg, don’t miss to take a ride on world’s second-highest cable car.
- Sonamarg- One of the most popular tourist destination in Kashmir, Sonamarg is a hill station nestled with the majestic Himalayan peaks against the cerulean sky.
- Katra- Located in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains, Katra is the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi. Every year large number of tourist visit Katra to reach Vaishno Devi.
- Leh- Highest desert city in Himalayan peaks, Leh is a home to many Buddhist sites and temples. Must visit Leh to walk down the old town Bazaar and mazelike lanes.
- Pahalgam- Another famous hill station located in Anantnag district, Pahalgam is an exquisite place to experience the real beauty and essence of Kashmir.
- Sinthan Top- Located in the outskirts of Kashmir, Sinthan top is gaining popularity among tourists for its natural beauty.
- Verinag- At the foothill of the Banihal mountain range located this beautiful Verinag town. The beauty of Verinag has always left tourist spellbound.
- Dachigam National Park- If you are wildlife lover and looking forward to having some adventurous time, then Dachigam National Park is surely for you.
- Udhampur- Lush green forests of eucalyptus and the pleasing weather are what makes Udhampur a must visit place in Kashmir.
Being in Kashmir, you can also visit a few other renowned and beautiful places in Srinagar like:
- Dal Lake
- Shankaracharya Temple
- Mughal Gardens
- Shalimar Bagh
- Hazratbal Mosque
- Chashme Shahi
Best Time to visit Kashmir
The best time to visit Kashmir is between the months of March and October. This time is considered as the most pleasing time to visit this beautiful place.
Weather in Kashmir
Due to its rugged topography, the climate of Kashmir varies greatly. As it is located near the Arabian Sea, Kashmir also receives severe rainfall and snowfall between the months of January and March.
Best Places to stay in Kashmir
- Taj Vivanta
Taj is the hotel that needs no introduction. Being India’s one of the most popular hotel chains, Vivanta by Taj is the most preferred hotels among the tourist all over the world. Beautifully designed, Taj, is definitely a perfect hotel to make your stay special.
- The Lalit
If royalty and luxury are what you are looking forward to making your stay wonderful in Kashmir, then “The Lalit” is definitely a perfect place for you to add some great memories to your trip.
- Hotel Broadway
A perfect combination of tradition and modernity is what defines Hotel Broadway the best. This hotel promises to make your trip comfortable and memorable one.
- Grand Mumtaz
One of the finest luxurious hotels in Kashmir, Grand Mumtaz provides great services and pleasing ambiance to its customers. This hotel has also won the best hotelier award in Kashmir from the past 4 years.
Things to do in Kashmir
Kashmir is the place where one can indulge himself in the uncountable fun activities that include:
- Try Cable Car
- Try lip smacking Kashmiri Cuisine
- Explore the lakes on Shikara
- Buy Kashmiri Saffron and nuts
Best Shopping Places in Kashmir
- JK Government Emporium for Kashmiri shawls and Handicrafts
- Lal Chowk for Dry Fruits
- Shaw and Shaw for buying authentic Kashmiri Shawls
- Kukar Bazaar for Dry Fruits
Where to eat in Kashmir
- Dana Pani- Pahalgam
- Ahdoos- Srinagar
- Krishna Vaishno Dhaba- Srinagar
- Shamyana Restaurant- Srinagar
- Stream- Srinagar
- Trout beat- Pahalgam
- Mughal Darbar-Srinagar
- Nathus Rasoi- Pahalgam
How to Reach Kashmir
- a) By Air- To reach Kashmir by air, you can take a flight to Kashmir Airport, which is 15 km away from Kashmir.
- b) By Train- Kashmir is well connected to India’s prime cities. You can take a train to Jammu and then take a taxi to reach Kashmir or you can also take a train to Udhampur and then book a cab to reach Kashmir.
- c) By Road- With good road connectivity, you can easily drive by road to reach Kashmir or book a cab to explore the places.