- 1 Wonder how could it snow in South India?
- 2 Weather in Lambasingi
- 3 Lambasingi – A perfect tourist place
- 4 Best Season To Visit Lambasingi
- 5 How to reach
- 6 Things to do at Lambasingi
- 7 Interesting things to know about Lambasingi
- 8 Places near By Lambasingi
- 9 Hope Island
- 10 Map Of Lambasingi
Wonder how could it snow in South India?
Yes, it does and its just one place in the Southern part of India and to be precise in Andhra Pradesh. Hence, it is aptly known as ‘Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh’. Lambasingi is a small village in Chintapalli region of Arakku Valley, Andhra Pradesh and is only 100 kilometers from Vishakhapatnam. This place is perched at an altitude of about 1025 meters above the sea level.
Lambasingi – The “Andhra Kashmir” or also known as Korra Bayalu, has witnessed snowfall in the past years and also baths itself with the hails of snow in winters sometimes, that’s what makes this place a beautiful hill station and a tourist place in Andhra Pradesh.
Weather in Lambasingi
- The average temperature is about – 23.4°C.
- Climate of this place is classified as an Aw by the Köppen-Geiger system.
- During Summers the maximum temperature reaches up to 31 °C.
- While in winters the temperature vary between 0°C – 10°C. Sometimes lower than 0°C.
- Coldest months are December and January.
- It recieves more rainfall during summers than in winters, which is about an average of 1231 mm.
Lambasingi – A perfect tourist place
- Temperature here at Lambasingi is the most attractive part, which stays below 10 degrees.
- A former director of the Indian Meteorology Department revealed that the cooling effect there, is an odd cooling effect of the hills.
- The little settlement of Lmabasingi is cuddled up in the lush green and alluring forests of Chintapalli, which were used to be a home for naxalis, a tribal community.
- The retreat of winter of Lambasingi can make any winters look pale, that correctly defines the name “Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh”
- Visitors will get to enjoy the tempting aroma of pepper and coffee plantations, while heading towards Lambasingi.
- You’ll also find the apple orchards in the way to Lambasingi.
- You’ll reach a place where there’s just peace and fog around you.
- This place enjoys an unreal misty environment throughout the year, that swirls and move around with the wind.
- Nature’s untouched legacy can be found there in a beautiful way. Nature is divine and so is proved by Lambasingi.
- The rawness of the beautiful green forests will make home in your heart as you trek through the forest.
- The pale misty roads and the green lushes comes along to serve you the best of nature.
- Don’t miss to say goodbye to the migrating birds over your head.
November to January is the Best time to visit lambasingi.
- The destination is well connected by roads, driving to their will be an amazing option for a road trip.
- Direct buses from the cities like Vishakhapatnam, Chintapalle, Narsipatnam, etc are also available.
- Nearest railway station to Lambasingi is Chintapalle, which leaves you 19 kms before your destination.
- Vishakhapatnam is the nearest airport to the destination, which is about a 101kms away from there.
- The airport is a big international airport and flights for it are available from any of the big cities.
Since this place is a recently discovered tourist attraction, it is not really having enough facilities for the tourists. But you’ll surely be able to spend time with mother nature and it’s calming beauty. There’s no made up environment, its just a simple, untouched, pure and raw place.
- Our divine nature pours her showers of charm in the form of a waterfall at Lambasingi.
- A perfect picnic spot and reachable. Enjoy the running water through yourself while taking a dip.
Camping at Lambasingi
- Even the thought of camping and bonfire would provoke a person to travel .
- Come here in the lap of nature, under the star filled sky and peace, camping would not look any less than heaven.
- Photographers, get ready its show time for you at this reservoir. The hills as the background, the clouds kissing them, the trees decorating them, and the reservoir that moves slow water, is a mesmerizing spot to halt at.
The misty roads
- Sleep well before leaving to Lambasingi, because you won’t be willing to even blink your eye when you way through the misty roads, in the night till the morning.
The Black Eyed Susan Garden
- Right before the sunset is the right time to stop here and sit for the moment.
- The yellow faced flowers with the black eye, smiling in the goodbye of the sunlight makes you forget about the time and all your worries.
- A passage through the thick forests of Chintapalle, can make it a walk you’d cherish a lifetime, with your partner.
- The name Korra Bayalu in local language actually means “if someone stays out in the open they would freeze like a stick” , due to the fact that it experiences odd chilling effects.
- It may wonder you that, its just Lambasingi that experiences such temperatures, otherwise the areas nearby Lambasingi acquire a normal temperature range of south India.
- Those hills of Lambasingi are remote and thus do not favor tourist for hotel facilities. You’ll need tents to make a stay at night there.
- The place is an amazing journey for the bikers to have a road trip.
- A colorful valley of flowers and fruits. 72kms away from Lambsingi.
- Popularly nicknamed as Vizag, a resident of nature. 83kms away from Lambasingi.
- A two hours drive from Lambasingi will take you to the sea breeze and bask in the sun.
- In area of about 100kms of Lambasingi.
- About 112 kms away.
Lambasingi is an untouched ornament of India which has the magical views and the simplicity of nature. Finding Kashmir in South India could be the most appropriate line for this nature’s lap.