Scuba Diving is one of the most entertaining water games ever, offering us an approach to experience the submerged species inside the huge waters. India is home to numerous astounding scuba diving destinations and if you are planning to visit one of these spots you should visit their neighboring areas as well.
Andaman is the diving destination for all the diving lovers. The profound clean water and wonderful marine life makes Andaman and Nicobar Islands a standout among the most intriguing goals for scuba in India. These islands offer numerous jumping locales that have a spectacular tribe of marine creatures, for example, Scorpion angle, Octopus, Angler fish, Sharks and Coral reefs also.
Sites for Scuba diving in Andaman:
Diving spots in South Andaman
- Mahatma Gandhi marine national park: Scores of colorful varieties and fishes can be witnessed in the park. They include Clownfish, Butterfly, Fish, Surgeon Fish, Angel Fish, Parrot Fish, Bat Fish and Groupers. White tip Shark, Hammerhead Shark, Manta Ray and Blue Fin Jack could also be spotted at times.
- Cinque Island: One of the best dive destinations in the island, it has clear emerald water with a visibility of up to 80ft. An ideal stretch for the experienced diver.
- Fish rock: The site near the passage Island offers an extremely kaleidoscopic dive. The topography consist of rocky slopes, boulders and drop-offs, featuring large fans of corals and sponges.
- North Point: The site at Cinque Island is most highlighted by sponges and small corals and offers good diving because of the abundance and diversity of fish life.
- Bala reef: This reef spreads on the western side of Little Andaman Island over 4.5sq. Km. and is supposed to be one of the ideal sites in the Andamans for corals of vibrant colors.
- Rutland Island: The shallow waters close to this island have a decent portrayal of numerous littler fish and corals, which offer a decent spot for preparing in vast water plunging. Snake Island: This is off Caryn’s Cove Beach. The site has awesome rock faces and spectacular dive capes. Marine life around here includes Trigger fish, Grunts. Goatfish and Rays.
- Corruption Rock: The place bulges out amongst Chidiyatapu and Rutland Island. The jump site is on the western side of the stone and is comprised of huge submerged rocks.
Diving spots in Havelock Island
- Mac Point: It mostly have hard corals. Dugongs have been sighted in its vicinity
- Aquarium: It is a fringing reef crowded with lots of ‘Fish traffic’. Usually clear visibility and has mainly hard corals.
- Barracuda city: This city is basically for inexperienced divers which offer tons of fish and at times turtles as well. It has blend of hard and soft corals.
- Turtle bay: It’s a pleasant dive site for easy diving not exceeding 14 meters. Rays are found in the sand below as well as turtles.
- Seduction point: It is a hug rock with variety of aquatic life. The shallow area is abundant with stag horn corals and its inhabitants, including Napoleons.
- Lighthouse: This is a larger dive site affording equal opportunity for any kind of dive. Also perfect for night dives. It has a huge variety of soft and hard corals.
- The wall: A gigantic submerged rock. The wall drops down to a maximum of 55m and is active with marine life. Dense soft coral forests and the added schools of fish encircling them makes for a memorable dive of life.
- Pilot reef: It is a huge block of pristine hard corals. At the bottom, at about 24 meter, ‘Canyons’ stretch out and Leopard and White tip sharks could also encountered.
- Minerva Ledge: It is even bigger block and hard corals. A congregation of fish and normally clear visibility and the high possibility of viewing sharks makes it attractive.
Tips for Dive tourists.
- Dive only in the areas opened and permitted for Scuba Diving by the A&N Administration.
- Do no stand or walk on coral reefs
- Do not break live corals or collect dead corals
- Do not enter the National Parks without permissions.
- Do not dive without qualifies or unregistered dive operators as it may be harmful for your life.