World’s Most Amazing Monastery
Bhutan Is a Beautiful Country in the lap of Himalaya. Bhutan Is also known for “Land of the Thunder Dragon” where religion and mysticism is the way of life. Tiger’s Nest monastery is the landmark of this Himalayan kingdom.
Interesting Fact About “Tiger’s Nest Monastery”
- Tiger’s Nest Monastery is on the edge of a cliff 3,000 feet above the Paro valley.
- It is 17th century temple.
- It is 2,950m (9,678 ft) above sea level.
- The Tiger Nest monastery in Bhutan is counted as one of the fascinating sights in the world.
- The entire monastery complex consists of seven temples.
- It takes more than 2 hours to reach this monastery from the parking lot in the valley below and it is a nonstop uphill hike.
- An interesting story goes around regarding the name of this monastery. It is said guru Rinpoche or Padmasambhava flew onto this cliff riding a tigress and meditated in the Taktsang Senge Samdup cave for three years, three months, three weeks, three days and three hours.
- From the bottom of Paro Valley is 700 meters (2,300 feet) which is a straight steep gorge to Monastery.
- Photography is banned in the temple area.
“Inditrip welcome all your valuable suggestion and comment here, also if you wish to share any topic related to Indian tourism, Join our team and we will publish your content with your name”.