- Hawa Mahal is famous ancient monuments of Rajathan.
- It is located in Jaipur city, capital of the Rajasthan.
- Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh built the Hawa Mahal Palace in the year 1799.
- Hawa Mahal is also known as “Palace of Winds”.
- The Hawa Mahal consists of five floors.
- Hawa Mahal has about 953 windows which keeps the palace cool.
- All the Jaipur royals utilized this building as their summer retreat.
- Hawa Mahal was designed by “Lal Chand Usta”.
- The building was especially erected for the royal ladies of Jaipur.
- The purpose of this building was to allow the royal ladies to watch all the activities of the local marketplace without being seen.
- It is unique building which consist of Mughal and Rajput architectural styles.
- The palace is also constructed in pink and red colored stone.
- Hawa Mahal is the tallest building in the world without a foundation.
- Hawa Mahal has 5 storeys and it is still standing upright because it is curved and leaning at an angle of 87 degrees.
- It is a five-storey pyramidal shaped monument that rises 50 feet (15 m) from its high base
- Hawa Mahal is built in the shape of the Lord Krishna’s crown.
- The jaali work in the windows of “Hawa Mahal” is similar to the honeycomb of a beehive.
- There is no front entrance to the Hawa Mahal. If you want to get in, you have to enter from the rear side.
- The Hawa Mahal has only ramps, instead of regular stairs to reach the upper floors of the building.
- In the present day, the “Hawa Mahal” has become a famous tourist spot and one of the spectacular sights in Jaipur
- The palace has become a famous spot for the shooting of several Indian and international films.
The Famous places Near Hawa Mahal are:
“Inditrip welcome all your valuable suggestion and comment here, also if you wish to share any topic related to Indian tourism, Join our team and we will publish your content with your name”.