Chand Baori :Deepest and largest step wells in India
Interesting Fact About Chand Baori, Rajasthan
- Chand Baori is one of the oldest and most attractive monument in Rajasthan.
- It was built by King Chanda of the Nikumbha Dynasty between 800 and 900 AD
- After completion of structure It was dedicated to Hashat Mata (Goddess of Joy and Happiness)
- Chand Baori is in front of the now ruined Harshat Mata temple
- Design of Chand Baori was intended to conserve as much water as possible.
- At the bottom of the well, the air remains 5-6 degrees cooler than at the surface
- Chand Baori was used for community gathering place during periods of intense heat.
- One side of the well has a pavilion and resting room for the royals.
- Chand Baori situated at Abhaneri village in the Dausa district of Rajasthan(India)
- It is situated at a distance of 95 km from Jaipur, on the Jaipur-Agra road.
- It is located opposite Harshat Mata Temple and was constructed in 800 AD.
- Chand Baori consists of 3,500 narrow steps over 13 stories.
- It extends approximately 100 ft into the ground making it one of the
- Chand Baori is deepest and largest step-wells in India.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chand_Baori
“Inditrip welcome all your valuable suggestion and comment here, also if you wish to share any topic related to Indian tourism, Join our team and we will publish your content with your name”.